|Player:||DL Vettori, IG Butler|
|Event:||India in New Zealand 2008/09|
DateLine: 9th March 2009
Fast bowler Ian Butler has been left out of New Zealand's squad for the 4th ODI against India in Hamilton on March 11 because of an injury. Butler suffered a thigh strain during the third match in Christchurch and was able to bowl only five overs. However, he will be considered for the final match of the series in Auckland on March 14.
Ewen Thompson, the Central Districts allrounder who was part of New Zealand's Twenty20 squad, has been included instead of Butler. Tim Southee, who went for 105 runs off his ten overs in Christchurch, has also been left out.
Daniel Vettori will return to the team after missing the third ODI to be with his wife who was expecting their child. Peter McGlashan has also been retained as wicketkeeper and Brendon McCullum will continue to play as a batsman.
New Zealand trail 0-2 in the five-match series with two games to play.
Squad :Daniel Vettori (capt), Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Peter McGlashan (wk), Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Jacob Oram, Jeetan Patel, Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Ewen Thompson.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE