|Player:||LRPL Taylor, JS Patel|
|Event:||ICC Twenty20 World Championship 2007/08|
DateLine: 4th September 2007
Media opportunity to join Ross Taylor and Jeetan Patel on visit to UNICEF project
New Zealandís Ross Taylor and Jeetan Patel will visit a UNICEF-supported project in Alexandra, Johannesburg on Tuesday 4 September, to highlight the ongoing battle facing children and young people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
The visit, which will take place between 1430 and 1600, is part of the ICCís partnership with UNAIDS and UNICEF at the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 2007, which takes place in South Africa from 11 to 24 September.
The partnership is also receiving major support in South Africa from loveLife, a national HIV-prevention programme.
Members of the media are invited to accompany the players on the visit. Please contact Davis Malenga from UNICEF (details below) if you wish to attend.
The project that Taylor and Patel will attend is the Little Champs Sports Academy, which is dedicated to developing and educating children through play and sport and to delivering a comprehensive, health conscious, lifestyle programme for pre-school children.
The academy teaches life skills development to children between the ages of three and seven through a holistic sport and lifestyle programme in a non-competitive, fun-filled way. Their goal is to educate children in a safe, caring and stimulating environment, equipping them with the skills and mindset required for success in all spheres of life.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE