|Player:||LRPL Taylor, JS Patel|
|Event:||ICC Twenty20 World Championship 2007/08|
DateLine: 4th September 2007
Media opportunity to join Ross Taylor and Jeetan Patel on visit to UNICEF project
New Zealandís Ross Taylor and Jeetan Patel will visit a UNICEF-supported project in Alexandra, Johannesburg on Tuesday 4 September, to highlight the ongoing battle facing children and young people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
The visit, which will take place between 1430 and 1600, is part of the ICCís partnership with UNAIDS and UNICEF at the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 2007, which takes place in South Africa from 11 to 24 September.
The partnership is also receiving major support in South Africa from loveLife, a national HIV-prevention programme.
Members of the media are invited to accompany the players on the visit. Please contact Davis Malenga from UNICEF (details below) if you wish to attend.
The project that Taylor and Patel will attend is the Little Champs Sports Academy, which is dedicated to developing and educating children through play and sport and to delivering a comprehensive, health conscious, lifestyle programme for pre-school children.
The academy teaches life skills development to children between the ages of three and seven through a holistic sport and lifestyle programme in a non-competitive, fun-filled way. Their goal is to educate children in a safe, caring and stimulating environment, equipping them with the skills and mindset required for success in all spheres of life.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE