|Player:||Mohammad Ashraful, Raqibul Hasan|
|Event:||Bangladesh in British Isles 2010|
DateLine: 27th June 2010
The Bangladeshi selectors showed the middle-order batsman Mohammad Ashraful the door for next month's one-day matches against England, Ireland and Scotland. The 25-year-old had been axed after a string of poor shows, including the recent Asia Cup in Sri Lanka and the two Test matches against England.
Raqibul Hasan, 22, had been drafted in the 15-man squad to bolster Bangladesh's wobbly middle-order, which fared poorly in the Asia Cup.
Raqibul had announced retirement on the eve of the Test series against England in March before overturning the decision a week later, an act that led to his three-month suspension from the game.
All-rounder Naeem Islam and left-arm spinner Suhrawadi Shuvo were also dropped for poor form. Left-handed batsman Faisal Hossain, who last played for Bangladesh in 2004, was included following his fine show in the domestic leagues.
Bangladesh will play three one-day internationals against England and two each against Ireland and Scotland on the tour beginning on July 3.
Bangladesh's one-day squad:
Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Raqibul Hasan, Faisal Hossain, Mohammad Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE