|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 8th September 2009
England all-rounder Paul Collingwood said his side should had been 2-0 up rather than trailing by two in the NatWest Series against Australia.
Collingwood, who hit 56 to signal something of a return to form, admitted the problems at the Oval and most latterly Lord's, were obvious.
"We definitely should have won both games," he said. "We can't beat about the bush.
"We didn't take advantage of the position we were in. In both games, we have bowled pretty well but we must be honest with ourselves. We're getting ourselves into winning positions and not taking them.
"That's up to the top six batters to put in the performances and at the moment we're not.
"If you could put your finger on why, we'd have done a lot better.
"I wouldn't say all the batters are out of form or anything like that - we're just making mistakes at crucial times out in the middle."
He blamed some shoddy shot selection and then poor running between the wickets to their losses.
"That's an area that myself and Owais must sort out together - the calling between the wickets," Collingwood said.
"It's an important area of the game, sneaking singles, pushing for twos and things like that.
"It's something you can't really practise, you must gain an understanding. "Whoever you are batting with, you gauge singles on how quick both of you are.
"It's not a case of I'm quicker than him and that's the reason we're getting run out. It's about communication more than anything."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE