|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 26th August 2009
England all-rounder Paul Collingwood vowed to prove his worth and believes hard work on his batting will be the key to staying in favour.
The Durham star looked struggling for runs during Ashes and may come under pressure for his place on the winter tour of South Africa following the emergence of Jonathan Trott, and with Kevin Pietersen due to return after his injury break.
However, the right-hander is convinced he can continue to contribute at international level.
"I know I am going to have to tinker a bit with technique and become a better player to be able to stay in the side.
"But I am willing to do that. I am still at an age when I am enjoying my cricket."
Collingwood also spoke highly about the new sensation Jonathan Trott.
"He came in and had a dream debut and I understand the position I am in.
"I am going to have to work my absolute nuts off to keep my place. I know I can do it and I still feel I am fit enough and mentally strong enough to do that."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE