DateLine: 18th June 2009
English county Nottinghamshire have signed Australia batsman David Hussey on a short-term deal as a replacement for Adam Voges.
The 31-year-old Victorian, who returned to Australia after having been knocked out of the ICC World Twenty20, will represent the county for five weeks.
"With Adam being called up for Australia A, Nottinghamshire needed a replacement international player and they asked if I was willing to do it and I was happy to help out," said Hussey, the younger brother of Australia batsman Mike.
"I played at Notts for four years and I've got a lot of close friends over there, so I'm really looking forward to it.
"It's going to be pretty hectic. I think there are three championship games and three one-dayers, but that's good."
The right-hander will reunite with Bushrangers team-mate Darren Pattinson who looks in good form for Notts.
"He took four wickets in the win against Hampshire over the weekend so it'll be good to catch up with him and hopefully he can keep it going," Hussey added.
Hussey has been facing a hectic schedule in the last few months. First he played for the national team against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates and the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League before coming to England for the ICC World Twenty20.
But he said: "I love playing cricket, so while I like having a couple of weeks off every now and again, it doesn't worry me playing year-round. It helps me keep my rhythm and timing.
"So hopefully I can put in some good performances for Notts and help them out while Adam is away with Australia A."
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE