|Player:||PD Collingwood, Younis Khan|
|Event:||ICC World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 8th June 2009
England skipper Paul Collingwood breathed easy after his team beat Pakistan in the ICC World T20.
England went into this game with the danger of elimination after they were defeated by minnows Holland in the opener of the T20 event, but fortunately they escaped.
"We lost against the Netherlands the other night and there was a lot of pride. We were hit hard. Today the boys came and batted well," Collingwood said after the win which has almost assured them a place in the super-eight stage.
"There was lot of desire and commitment. We wanted to win the match. Today we batted with purpose, there was a lot of thought in the bowling and the fielding was exceptional," he added.
Losing skipper Younis Khan blamed pathetic batting for the defeat.
"If you lose wickets while chasing 185 it's tough. especially in the first six overs. That's the key matter because when you chase 185 and don't have partnerships it becomes tough," Younis said.
"Fielding is also a matter (of concern). We dropped many catches."
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE