|Player:||GP Swann, SCJ Broad, DJ Bravo, JM Anderson|
|Event:||West Indies in England 2009|
DateLine: 25th May 2009
England, after achieving an impressive six-wicket win, will be looking to wrap up the one-day series before the ICC World Twenty20. Meanwhile West Indies will be looking to square the series which is at present close to impossible.
The English bowling was impressive and more importantly it was penetrative. James Anderson and Stuart Broad did not let the Windies batsmen to open up in the opening overs and they were well-supported by Paul Collingwood. Special mention has to be given to Graeme Swann as he held his nerve against a rampaging Chris Gayle.
West Indies on the other hand looked completely at unease. The batsmen did not show the patience and application needed at this level and some of the shots that they played raised questions in the mind of the supporters as to whether these were the best players chosen to represent West Indies. The one West Indies player who can hold their head high is Dwayne Bravo after he made an attractive half century and bowled with heart.
England : Andrew Strauss (capt), Ravi Bopara, Matt Prior (wk), Owais Shah, Paul Collingwood, Eoin Morgan, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Tim Bresnan, James Anderson
West Indies : Chris Gayle (capt), Lendl Simmons, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Darren Sammy, Jerome Taylor, Sulieman Benn, Fidel Edwards
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE