|Ground:||Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street|
|Scorecard:||England v West Indies|
|Player:||JM Anderson, TT Bresnan|
|Event:||West Indies in England 2009|
DateLine: 18th May 2009
England won the second and final Test against the West Indies by an innings and 83 runs on Monday's final day at the Riverside. Victory gave England the series 2-0 after their 10-wicket first Test win at Lord's and saw them regain the Wisden Trophy they'd lost in the Caribbean earlier this year.
West Indies, following on, resumed Monday on 115 for three but lost five wickets for 52 runs before lunch with seamer Tim Bresnan striking twice to take his first wickets in Test cricket. James Anderson, who'd taken five for 87 in the West Indies' first innings, added three more to leave the tourists on 167 for eight at the interval. And three overs after the break England had wrapped up the match, with a further wicket apiece for Anderson and Bresnan. Anderson finished with innings figures of four wickets for 38 runs, for a match haul of nine for 125 while Bresnan took three for 45.
England had been in charge here from the start with opener Alastair Cook's Test-best 160 the cornerstone of their total of 569 for six declared.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE