|Ground:||Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street|
|Scorecard:||England v West Indies|
|Player:||JM Anderson, TT Bresnan|
|Event:||West Indies in England 2009|
DateLine: 18th May 2009
England won the second and final Test against the West Indies by an innings and 83 runs on Monday's final day at the Riverside. Victory gave England the series 2-0 after their 10-wicket first Test win at Lord's and saw them regain the Wisden Trophy they'd lost in the Caribbean earlier this year.
West Indies, following on, resumed Monday on 115 for three but lost five wickets for 52 runs before lunch with seamer Tim Bresnan striking twice to take his first wickets in Test cricket. James Anderson, who'd taken five for 87 in the West Indies' first innings, added three more to leave the tourists on 167 for eight at the interval. And three overs after the break England had wrapped up the match, with a further wicket apiece for Anderson and Bresnan. Anderson finished with innings figures of four wickets for 38 runs, for a match haul of nine for 125 while Bresnan took three for 45.
England had been in charge here from the start with opener Alastair Cook's Test-best 160 the cornerstone of their total of 569 for six declared.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE