DateLine: 5th February 2007
Rishton have signed Saeed Anwar Junior as their new professional. The 28 year-old left handed opening batsman and slow left arm orthodox bowler has gained plenty of league cricket experience with Royton last season and previously with Crompton in the Central Lancashire League.
Anwar has also stood in as sub professional for Lancashire League sides Haslingden, Nelson, Church, Lowerhouse and his new club Rishton. It was back in 2002 when Anwar returned the amazing figures of 4-19 at Ramsbottom in Rishton's 2 wicket victory.
Rishton's signing means that just four clubs - Bacup, Haslingden, Lowerhouse and East Lancs, have yet to announce their paid men for the season which is due to begin ten weeks this coming Sunday.
Anwar will be Rishton's third Pakistani professional following the footsteps of Aftab Baloch (1975-6) and Anwar Khan (1979).
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC Women's World Cup 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE