|Player:||SA Bucknor, Aleem Dar|
|Event:||India in West Indies 2016|
DateLine: 28th July 2016
Mumbai, July 28: Former ICC umpire Steve Bucknor can't wait more to meet his "brother" umpire Aleem Dar.
Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar will be in Jamaica, which is also the home ground of Bucknor, to officiate in the second Test against West Indies commencing on Saturday.
Speaking exclusively over his mobile from Jamaica, the 70-year-old Bucknor says, "Aleem Dar is like my younger brother. It has been a while when I last met him. I am very keen to meet him and will go to see him".
Bucknor is likely to visit Sabina Park, the venue of the second Test.
"I will not go on all five days but visit the Stadium on any one of the five days", he added.
After retiring from the cricket-umpiring, Bucknor has undertaken the foot-ball coaching.
"I am a football coach at Munro College for junior teams. I give coaching to Under-16 and Under-14 teams".
Bucknor was also a football referee but has stopped officiating as a referee now.
He, however, wants to fficiate in the IPL. "I am very keen to do umpiring in the IPL.If the opportunity comes, I will not miss it to grab with hands", he added.
Bucknor has officiated in 128 Tests and 181 ODIs' during his career spanning 20 years. He was the first international umpire to officiate in 100 Tests.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 Bipin Dani)
- Australia in India 2022/23
- Australia Women in India 2022/23
- Bangladesh Women in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in Pakistan 2022/23
- England Women in West Indies 2022/23
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier Group B 2022/23
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- India in Bangladesh 2022/23
- Kenya Tri-Nation Women's Twenty20 Series 2022/23
- Netherlands Women in Thailand 2022/23
- South Africa in Australia 2022/23
- West Indies in Australia 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE