|Ground:||Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||AN Cook, IJL Trott, RT Ponting|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
After being dominated by the Australia side for the first four days the English side led by their batsmen found their groove on the final day.
When the fifth day began the visitors were not fully out of danger but Cook and Trott battled hard to take the English side to the shore of safety. The one negative aspect of the English side that was visible was the safety first approach of the team management. Throughout Strauss' tenure it is very much evident that the English team-management is averse to risk and that they would prefer to be safe first before going for the win.
Cook completed a magnificent double ton and he was well supported by Trott who made a classy hundred which was studded with some stunning shots to the fence.
The Australian bowlers struggled to find the right line and length to keep the opposition batsmen quiet and when Strauss signalled his batting duo back into the hut did the Australian bowler's misery ended.
Ponting turned on his frustration on the English bowlers with a dazzling half-century which had his famous hooks and pulls. When the play was called off the English side emerged on top of hosts who have in recent times lost their killer instinct.
- Asian Cricket Council Women's Twenty20 Championship 2022
- Australia in Sri Lanka 2022
- Bangladesh in West Indies 2022
- England in Netherlands 2022
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- India in England and Ireland 2022
- India Women in Sri Lanka 2022
- New Zealand in British Isles 2022
- Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2022
- Serbia in Bulgaria 2022
- South Africa in British Isles 2022
- South Africa Women in England 2022
View all Current Events CLICK HERE