|Ground:||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur|
|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v England|
|Player:||Naeem Islam, Shafiul Islam, IJL Trott|
|Event:||England in Bangladesh 2009/10|
DateLine: 21st March 2010
The Bangladeshi side put up an improved performance as they made the visitors struggle. The hosts powered by Shafiul Islam's quick fire 50 down the order got themselves to 419 after resuming the day at 330 for 8.
Shafiul Islam made 53 in 51 balls with eleven hits to the fence. The normally aggressive Naeem Islam made a patient 59 of 172 balls to take his side to a competitive total of 419. For England Swann picked up four wickets.
England in reply got off to a subdued reply as the spinners choked the hosts' batsmen. Trott (64 batting, 187b, 4x7) and and Pietersen (45, 99b, 6x4) after initial struggle began to show some kind of fluency before the latter was dismissed by Shakib. At the close of the day's play Bell (25, 52b, 3x4) was accompanying Trott as England were placed at 171 for the loss of 3 wickets.
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE