|Ground:||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur|
|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v Zimbabwe|
|Player:||E Chigumbura, S Matsikenyeri, CK Coventry, Mushfiqur Rahim, Dolar Mahmud|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th October 2009
An unbeaten 99-run sixth-wicket stand Elton Chigumbura and Stuart Matsikenyeri guided Zimbabwe to a pretty facile win after Bangladesh had fallen way short of what should have been par score in the first One-Day International in Dhaka on Tuesday.
Zimbabwe skipper Prosper Utseya won the toss and elected to field. Bangladesh would have expected to make the most of the opportunity to bat first but let themselves down with some pretty poor batting, ending up with just 186 runs, those too thanks mainly to Mushfiqur Rahim (56) and No. 10 Dolar Mahmud (41).
Chigumbura was on the money with the ball too, claiming 3/27 off eight overs.
In reply, Zimbabwe threatened to self-destruct, especially in one over from left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, which saw three wickets fall.
However, after some repair work by Charles Coventry, Matsikenyeri and Chigumbura got together to ensure that the visitors crossed the target.
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE