|Player:||A Flower, GP Swann, MJ Prior|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 12th September 2009
England coach Andy Flower praised the efforts of the trio of new central-contract players Matt Prior, Graeme Swann and Graham Onions.
The three are among the 11 players awarded the full, annual deals.
Injured all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has been handed one of England's increment contracts for the next 12 months - but Steve Harmison and Monty Panesar have been completely overlooked.
"Prior's consistency, and improvement with the gloves has been impressive," said Flower.
"He still has a lot of work to do, and I expect even better performances from him in the future.
"Graeme Swann has done a really good job as our premier spin bowler this past year, and played significant roles in a lot of victories we have had.
"Graham Onions is part of our fast-bowling unit, so we are going to look after him."
Flintoff, 31, does not qualify for a full central contract because of his recent retirement from the longest form of the game.
"Following his retirement from Test cricket, Andrew Flintoff is no longer eligible for a 12-month central contract," said national selector Geoff Miller.
"The decision to award an incremental contract to Andrew reflects our view that he will still have an important role to play in our one-day side going forward and we wish him well with his rehabilitation from injury.
"As we saw in this summer's npower Ashes Test series, he remains a world-class talent."
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE