|Scorecard:||West Indies v Bangladesh|
|Player:||DJG Sammy, Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan|
DateLine: 21st July 2009
Bangladesh won their first-ever overseas Test series as skipper Shakib Al Hasan led them to a four-wicket victory over the West Indies in the second Test in Grenada.
Shakib produced a fine performance as his side chased down 215 to clinch a 2-0 series success over a makeshift home side.
This was also the first time Bangladesh won consecutive Test matches.
Stand in skipper Shakib finished with figures of 5-70 as the hosts were dismissed for 209 in the morning session.
This left the tourists chasing 215 for victory, but they looked in danger of blowing their chance as they slumped to 67-4 in the afternoon after some fine bowling from Kemar Roach and Darren Sammy.
But Shakib again came to resue alongside Raqibul Hasan (65) and consolidated in fine style together putting 106 for the fifth wicket. This partnership took Bangladesh within touching distance of their target.
Sammy then clung on to a return catch to remove Raqibul. He then claimed a couple of more wickets to end with outstanding figures of 5-55.
But the skipper retained composure and saw his side over the finish-line with a bang as he took 16 runs from four Roach deliveries.
The skipper finished the job in grand style as he launched a towering six over long on to finish on 96 not out.
- Commonwealth Games Women's Qualifying Competition 2021/22
- England in West Indies 2021/22
- England Women in Australia 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India in South Africa 2021/22
- India Women in New Zealand 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2021/22
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2021/22
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE