|Ground:||County Ground, New Road, Worcester|
|Scorecard:||England Women v Australia Women|
|Player:||CM Edwards, BL Morgan, KH Brunt, RL Haynes, JM Fields|
|Event:||Australia Women in England 2009|
DateLine: 14th July 2009
Jodie Fields scored a fine century for the Australian ladies as the visitors signed off their tour of England with a draw in the only Test played at Worcester.
The Australian women won the toss and elected to bat. They were threatening to implode in face of some hostile bowling from Katherine Brunt. At one stage they were 28/5 before Fields and Rachael Haynes were involved in a match-saving 229-run sixth wicket partnership. Haynes was unlucky to miss her century by two runs.
Brunt claimed six wickets for 69 runs and Nicki Shaw 3/67.
In reply, England scored 268, with Beth Morgan contributing 58 and Jenny Gunn 41.
Australia, in their second innings, scored 231, while England signed off with 106/3, with Charlotte Edwards scoring an unbeaten 53.
- Australia in India 2023/24
- Bangladesh Women in South Africa 2023/24
- Cambodia in Indonesia 2023/24
- England in West Indies 2023/24
- England Women in India 2023/24
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Africa Region Qualifier 2023/24
- India in South Africa 2023/24
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2023/24
- New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24
- Pakistan in Australia 2023/24
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2023/24
View all Current Events CLICK HERE