|Ground:||Kennington Oval, Kennington|
|Scorecard:||Surrey v Middlesex|
|Player:||OA Shah, DJ Malan, MJ Brown|
|Event:||Twenty20 Cup 2009|
DateLine: 28th June 2009
The berths for the quarterfinals have already been booked and the match between the bottom-placed teams had little effect on the table standings.
Owais Shah was the man in form as he took a beleaguered Middlesex to a rare win in this season.
Electing to bat first Surrey made a promising start with openers, Michael Brown and Chris Jordan, adding 76. Brown scored a quickfire 77 off only 54 balls, but once he was dismissed the Surrey innings was deprived of any momentum that is needed in the final few overs.
For Middlesex Malan bowled a superb spell and though he did not have wickets to show in his column he kept the things under a tight leash.
Middlesex lost Billy Godleman, who was bowled by Jordan, but Shah, batting at No.3, stepped up with a half-century. He scored a well-paced 61 off 41 balls to lead Middlesex to victory in the 19th over.
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE