|Player:||CH Lloyd, TM Dilshan|
|Event:||ICC World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 23rd June 2009
Former West Indies skipper Clive Lloyd said that Tillekeratne Dilshan was a worthy winner of player of the tournament award of the ICC T20 WC in England. Lloyd added that the Sri Lankan batsman's improvised scoop shot added entertainment to the tournament.
“Tillekeratne (Dilshan) has been a tower of strength for Sri Lanka throughout this tournament. He has impressed us all with his improvisation, courage out in the middle and wonderful range of shots," said ICC Cricket Committee Chairman Lloyd.
"Although there were many other players who excelled in this event, I think he is a worthy winner of the player-of-the-tournament award," added Lloyd, himself a two-time World Cup winner at Lord's in 1975 and 1979.
Lloyd also was quite astonished by the way Dilshan plays the scoop shot.
"I'm not sure how he manages that scoop shot. If I had tried that I think I would have ended up with a mouth full of ball but it was wonderful entertainment and his contribution really gave the tournament a boost."
Dilshan scored 317 runs at a strike-rate of 144.74 and an average above 52. The right-hander scored three half-centuries and his unbeaten 96 in the semi-final against the West Indies was the highest individual score of the event.
- Commonwealth Games Women's Qualifying Competition 2021/22
- England in West Indies 2021/22
- England Women in Australia 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India in South Africa 2021/22
- Ireland in West Indies 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2021/22
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE