|Scorecard:||Gloucestershire v Nottinghamshire|
|Player:||CMW Read, SP Kirby, J Lewis, WTS Porterfield, CG Taylor, CM Spearman|
|Event:||Friends Provident Trophy 2009|
DateLine: 16th June 2009
Gloucestershire beat Nottinghamshire by six wickets to enter the semi-finals of the Friends Provident Trophy.
Batting first, Notts scored 189 off 44.2 overs. Chris Read was the top scorer with 57 runs while Mark Ealham contributed 33 and Andre Adams 30. Their batting was rattled by seamers Jon Lewis (4/34) and Steven Kirby (3/33).
In reply, New Zealander Craig Spearman and Chris Taylor compiled an 85-run fourth wicket stand to ensure that Gloucestershire didnt have any trouble chasing the Notts total. Spearman scored an unbeaten 50 and Taylor 40.
William Porterfield, freshly returned from his ICC Twenty20 World Cup stint for Ireland, contributed 36 up the order.
Samit Patel claimed two wickets for Notts.
- Australia in Sri Lanka 2022
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- Inter-Insular Twenty20 Series 2022
- Namibia in Zimbabwe 2022
- New Zealand in British Isles 2022
- South Africa Women in Ireland 2022
- Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2022
- Sri Lanka Women in Pakistan 2022
- Uganda Women in Nepal 2022
- West Indies in Netherlands 2022
- West Indies in Pakistan 2022
View all Current Events CLICK HERE