|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
- This was the 2027th match in one-day international cricket history.
- Abdur Razzaq’s 64 is the highest score by a Pakistani batsman at number 7 against England. This obliterates Asif Iqbal’s 51 at Leeds on 16-06-1979.
- Marcus Trescothick scored his fifth hundred in 64th match. He has now equalled the tally of Graeme Hick and Nick Knight. Only Graham Gooch (8) and David Gower (7) have scored more hundreds in a career for England than Trescothick.
- This was Trescothick’s second hundred against Pakistan. He had made 137 at Lord’s on 12-06-2001.He has now equalled Nick Knight’s record of scoring two hundreds for England against Pakistan.
- The seventh wicket unbroken partnership of 77 runs between Marcus Trescothick and Chris Read is England’s best for this wicket against Pakistan. This expunges the previous highest of 63 between Graham Thorpe and Mark Ealham at Sharjah on 12-04-1999.
- Trescothick ended the match with a six off Azhar Mahmood.
- Trescothick was winning his seventh Man of the match award and second in succession.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
View all Current Events CLICK HERE