|Event:||Indian Premier League 2009|
DateLine: 9th March 2009
English batsman Kevin Pietersen is mulling over pulling out of the cash-rich Indian Premier League. Pietersen’s dilemma comes in the wake of last week's militant attack on the Sri Lanka team bus in Pakistan. Pietersen (Bangalore Royal Challengers) and Andrew Flintoff (Chennai Super Kings) were the most expensive players in recent auction for a record $1.55 million.
"I will be consulting as many people as I can, but if I do not think it is right then I will not be going. After this final test against the West Indies, I will be speaking to Bangalore, and the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board) to my agent and to security advisors. Then I will be a lot clearer in my thoughts than I am now. Since the terror attacks in Mumbai we are all now more mindful of our own security arrangements,” Pietersen said.
Fellow-England players Owais Shah, Ravi Bopara and Paul Collingwood are also contracted to play in the IPL.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE