|Player:||RJ Quiney, SM Harwood, LA Carseldine|
DateLine: 14th February 2009
Indian Premier League champions Rajasthan Royals on Saturday included explosive Australian batsman Rob Quiney in their squad for the second season and also named two other Australians as replacements for Pakistan's Sohail Tanvir and Kamran Akmal.
Victorian Quiney was on Friday named in Australia's 12-man Twenty20 squad to take on New Zealand on Sunday. Quiney's Victorian team-mate fast bowler Shane Harwood and Queensland all-rounder Lee Carseldine will replace Tanvir and Akmal, Rajasthan Royals Director of Coaching Darren Berry said.
Left-hander Quiney has been a consistent performer at the top of the order in Twenty20 cricket in Australia this year and made 91 in 57 balls for Victoria against New South Wales in the KFC Big Bash final recently. Right-arm pacer Harwood, nicknamed 'Stickers', has been in the Australian domestic circuit and his match-winning 4-33 against South Australia took Victoria into the Pura Cup finals. Carseldine, a useful batsman and left-arm medium pacer, was the player of the Twenty20 Series in Australia.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE