|Scorecard:||United States of America v Cayman Islands|
|Player:||SS Nadkarni, CD Wright, A Thyagarajan, M Wight, KA Bazil|
DateLine: 2nd December 2008
In a rain-interrupted match at Brian Piccolo Park, the USA clinched the 2008 ICC Americas Division 1 championship by virtue of a 87 run Duckworth-Lewis victory over the Cayman Islands, and thus finished their campaign unbeaten.
After being put in to bat, a masterful opening stand of 194 between Sushil Nadkarni and Carl Wright put the USA firmly in the driving seat. Wright went on to make a brilliant 112, off 105 balls, with 7 fours and 2 sixes, while the prolific Nadkarni made 84, from 103 balls with 10 fours. For the Cayman Islands with the ball, Kevon Bazil bowled well in difficult conditions to take 4 for 75 in 10 overs.
The opening stand paved the way for the USA to reach 289 for 6 in 49 overs, and leaving the Cayman Islands a tall order to stop their march to the championship. As it turned out, rain interruptions curtailed the response, and the match was eventually called to a halt with the Cayman Islands struggling somewhat on 65 for 4 in the 24th over. Having batted past the 20 over mark, the match was thus a result match, and the USA were declared the winners.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2008 International Cricket Council)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE