|Scorecard:||Australia v New Zealand|
|Player:||AJ Redmond, JD Ryder, BB McCullum, DL Vettori, NM Hauritz|
|Event:||New Zealand in Australia 2008/09|
DateLine: 28th November 2008
At the end of the first day New Zealand were 262 for 6 in their first innings. After winning the toss and electing to bat first, all the batsman got a start but only Redmond capitalized.He went on to top score with 83.But Australia will be happy to get six wickets on a flat batting track. All the bowlers chipped in to restrict New Zealand. Mc Cullum and Vettori are at the crease and would want to consolidate to get New Zealand past 350.
Earlier in the day on a flat track New Zealand were off to a good start getting to hundred for just one wicket.But after that they just could not consolidate and none of their batsman converted their starts into a big score.Nathan Hauritz, the off spinner was picked ahead of Jason Krejza.He got the wickets of Redmond and Ryder to put the breaks on the New Zealand batting.Redmond was out caught in the deep for 83.
The problem New Zealand faced was no player got to three figures and the fact that every player got starts and got out did not help their cause.Australia will be extremely pleased to get 6 Kiwi wickets for less than 300 runs. The overnight pair of Vettori and Mc Cullum will have to forge a partnership so as to get a fighting first innings score.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE