|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v New Zealand|
|Player:||DL Vettori, Shakib Al Hasan|
|Event:||New Zealand in Bangladesh 2008/09|
DateLine: 18th October 2008
Left arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan came up with a brilliant spell to rock the kiwis. By the end of the day's play he had figures of 6 for 31 after 24 overs leaving New Zealand 90 runs behind Bangladesh and one wicket left. Daniel Vettori was the lone man undefeated on 48.
Early on in the day Bangladesh were bundled out for 245, Vettori picking up 5 wickets. But Kiwis were in for a rude shock when Shakib Al Hasan spun a web round the Kiwi batsman. It was a massive collapse as Hasan picked up wickets at regular intervals. If not for the Kiwi skipper New Zealand would have been in dire straits. But they are still not out of the woods. They would require a better bowling effort in the second innings to chase a decent target in the fourth innings.
The Kiwi skipper would be surprised to see his fellow team mates giving wickets to a left arm spinner after playing their own captain regularly in the nets. It would entirely be up to him with the ball to get New Zealand out of this mess they find themselves in at the end of the second day's play.
- Afghanistan in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- West Indies in South Africa 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE