DateLine: 1st April 2008
Ramsbottom have agreed terms with New Zealander Lou Vincent for the forthcoming season just weeks after learning that Sunil Joshi would not be returning to the club for a third season.
Ramsbottom Cricket Chairman Mick Everett said: "It was a big blow to lose Sunil who had been a model professional and somebody who thoroughly enjoyed his time at Ramsbottom, but we feel we have got a quality replacement in Lou Vincent who can match Sunil's achievements."
The 29 year-old New Zealander is currently playing in the ICL 20s Grand Championship for Chandigarh Lions in the same side as Chris Cairns.
Talking to Lou in Chandigarh after he smote a fast fire 40 runs, he told webmaster Vic Isaacs also officiating in India, how much he was looking forward to coming to the club. "I have heard a lot of good things about Rammy", he said, "Will be a great new adventure".
After a good start to his Test career that saw him hit a century on his debut against Australia at the top of the order, Vincent went on to play 23 Tests, hitting 1332 runs at 34.1 with a mammoth 224 against Sri Lanka the highest of his three centuries. In First-class matches Vincent has 4650 runs at 36 since his debut for Auckland in 1998.
He is not unknown in the area having represented Rochdale three years ago.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2008 RammyCricket)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE