DateLine: 18th March 2008
Ramsbottom have agreed terms with New Zealander Lou Vincent for the forthcoming season just weeks after learning that Sunil Joshi would not be returning to the club for a third season.
Ramsbottom Cricket Chairman Mick Everett said: "It was a big blow to lose Sunil who had been a model professional and somebody who thoroughly enjoyed his time at Ramsbottom, but we feel we have got a quality replacement in Lou Vincent who can match Sunil's achievements."
Vincent will be no stranger to Lancashire League grounds, having played in the Inter League Challenge Trophy for Rochdale in 2005, hitting centuries against Todmorden and Nelson in helping his side to the semi finals.
The 29 year-old New Zealander is currently playing in the ICL 20s Grand Championship for Chandigarh Lions in the same side as Chris Cairns.
After a superb start to his Test career that saw him hit a century on his debut against Australia at the top of the order, Vincent went on to play 23 Tests, hitting 1332 runs at 34.1 with a mammoth 224 against Sri Lanka the highest of his three centuries. In First-class matches Vincent has 4650 runs at 36 since his debut for Auckland in 1998. His right arm medium pace has picked up 10 wickets at 52.7.
Vincent also played for Worcestershire in 2006.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE