|Event:||South Africa in Pakistan 2007/08|
DateLine: 21st October 2007
South African all-rounder Vernon Philander has returned home after failing to recover from a hamstring injury during the tour in Pakistan, a team official said Sunday.
The 22-year-old suffered a hamstring strain before the five-match one-day series started last week and was ruled out of the first two matches.
"Philander left on Saturday as medical reports said that he would require another two weeks to return to full fitness," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith said.
Owen-Smith said no replacement has been sought for Philander.
South Africa play the third one-day international against Pakistan in Faisalabad on Tuesday.
The Proteas won the first match in Lahore by 45 runs before Pakistan levelled the series with a 25-run win on Saturday -- both in Lahore.
Philander made his one-day debut against Ireland in July this year and has since played five one-dayers and as many Twenty20 internationals.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE