|Event:||ICC World Cup 2006/07|
DateLine: 25th February 2007
Indian fast bowler Irfan Pathan was cleared for next month's World Cup in the Caribbean after proving his fitness and form in a domestic one-day fixture here on Sunday.
The left-arm seamer, 22, grabbed two wickets for 48 runs off 8.4 overs for West Zone against Central Zone in a Deodhar Trophy match.
"There is no alteration in the 15-member World Cup squad," chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar told reporters after watching Pathan in action.
"Pathan will be bowling in the nets and will also be playing in warm-up matches in the West Indies before the World Cup."
The paceman was asked to prove his form and fitness in domestic matches after being selected for the World Cup squad.
Pathan figured in just one of India's last eight one-day internationals. He missed a four-match series against Sri Lanka due to a sore shoulder and played one game against the West Indies, but did not look at his best.
He has taken 115 wickets 73 one-day internationals.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE