|Player:||I Sharma, DB Vengsarkar, MM Patel, IK Pathan|
|Event:||India in South Africa 2006/07|
DateLine: 29th December 2006
Uncapped fast bowler Ishant Sharma will not join the Indian squad for the third and final Test in South Africa, it was announced Thursday.
Indian chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar, currently in South Africa, said in a statement that it had been decided not to summon the paceman for the final Test of the ongoing three-match series.
"Initially, he was being considered to be drafted into the Indian squad," he said. "However, considering his domestic schedule, it has now been decided not to have him fly down to Cape Town and instead allow him to concentrate on domestic first-class matches."
The final Test begins in Cape Town on January 2. The 18-year-old Sharma was asked Wednesday to join the squad following the return home of out-of-form fast bowler Irfan Pathan and fitness worries over paceman Munaf Patel.
Patel could not play the first two Tests of the series because of an ankle injury. India, currently playing the second Test in Durban, lead the series 1-0 following their win in the opening match in Johannesburg.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE