|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Sri Lanka|
|Player:||M Muralitharan, KC Sangakkara, BB McCullum|
DateLine: 10th December 2006
New Zealand Cricket has gone on the defensive over the controversial dismissal of Muttiah Muralitharan in the first Test in Christchurch.
The Sri Lankans are upset Muthiah Muralitharan was run out when he wandered out of his crease to congratulate centurion Kumar Sangakkara. The bails were removed by Black Caps wicket keeper Brendon McCullum. New Zealand Cricket CEO Martin Snedden says that talk about the move being against the spirit of the game is rubbish. Snedden says it is not as though McCullum had time to consciously think about whether he should or should not - he caught the ball and immediately removed the bails as he should have done.
Snedden says Murali made an error by walking out of his crease so the Black Caps capitalized on that and there is nothing wrong with it.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE