|Ground:||Uxbridge Cricket Club Ground, Uxbridge|
|Scorecard:||Middlesex v Pakistanis|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 24th August 2006
Heavy overnight rain has forced the cancellation of Pakistan's preparations on Thursday for the one-day series against England.
Pakistan were due to play Middlesex but overnight rain in Uxbridge had left the ground wet and it was considered unfit to play on.
Middlesex coach John Emburey told Sky Sports News: "It's just not going to dry. It was a mutual decision with the two captains, the coaches and the umpires.
"The pitch is still very damp and it's not conducive to play cricket, someone could get hurt.
"It would be unfair on the public if we would make them hang around."
The decision came as a big disappointment to the crowd of around 500 inside the ground.
The one-day series is due to start on Monday with a Twenty20 International.
They are also set to play five one-day internationals against England.
Thursday's match would have been the first time they had played since refusing to come out for the final session of The Oval Test on Sunday in protest against being accused of ball-tampering.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE