|Ground:||Uxbridge Cricket Club Ground, Uxbridge|
|Scorecard:||Middlesex v Pakistanis|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 24th August 2006
Heavy overnight rain has forced the cancellation of Pakistan's preparations on Thursday for the one-day series against England.
Pakistan were due to play Middlesex but overnight rain in Uxbridge had left the ground wet and it was considered unfit to play on.
Middlesex coach John Emburey told Sky Sports News: "It's just not going to dry. It was a mutual decision with the two captains, the coaches and the umpires.
"The pitch is still very damp and it's not conducive to play cricket, someone could get hurt.
"It would be unfair on the public if we would make them hang around."
The decision came as a big disappointment to the crowd of around 500 inside the ground.
The one-day series is due to start on Monday with a Twenty20 International.
They are also set to play five one-day internationals against England.
Thursday's match would have been the first time they had played since refusing to come out for the final session of The Oval Test on Sunday in protest against being accused of ball-tampering.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE