|Player:||Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Inzamam-ul-Haq|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 21st August 2006
Former Pakistan greats Imran Khan and Wasim Akram tore into Inzamam-ul-Haq for pulling his team out of the field against England in the fourth Test at the Oval. They also demanded the sacking of Australian umpire Darrell Hair who was made out to be the "spoiler''.
Imran ridiculed Inzamam's way of lodging a protest. "Inzamam and the Pakistan team have made a fool of themselves by not taking the field. Inzamam has not only brought the game into disrepute but has squandered a golden opportunity to pull off a consolation victory."
Akram was even more pungent with his comment. "It was a childish decision. The Pakistan team looked like a street team when they walked off. If they had any grievances, they should have held a press conference after the game but should never have left the field. It's not cricket," he said.
Akram recalled the Grenada incident in the West Indies in 1993 when he and three others were arrested for constructive possession of marijuana. "The team wanted to return but we stayed there and let our lawyers and legal advisors sort things out. Our job was to play cricket and that's what we did at the point of time," Akram said.
Imran also blasted Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shaharyar Khan for going to the press. "Shaharyar Khan had no business to discuss the issue with the media. That's the job of the manager. The issue has been badly handled by the Cricket Board," Imran said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE