|Ground:||County Ground, Northampton|
|Scorecard:||Northamptonshire v Pakistanis|
|Player:||Younis Khan, Shahid Nazir, Iftikhar Anjum, Arshad Khan, Imran Farhat, DH Wigley|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 22nd July 2006
Pakistan put themselves in position to win their final warm-up match before next week's second Test against England after ending the second day of three in their tour clash with Northamptonshire in a strong position.
The tourists dismissed Northamptonshire for 140 in their second innings with pace bowler Shahid Nazir taking three for 33 to stake a claim in the second Test line-up at Old Trafford where Pakistan will again be without quicks Shoaib Akhtar (ankle), Rana Naved-ul-Hasan (groin) and Mohammad Asif (elbow).
Under-fire openers Salman Butt and Imran Farhat then survived to the close with Pakistan 24 for nought, 136 away from their victory target.
Earlier Younis Khan added eight to his overnight fifty as Pakistan took their first innings total to 250 for nine declared with David Wigley taking career-best figures of five for 77.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly, now a Northamptonshire overseas player, left the field injured in the afternoon session and did not return.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE