|Ground:||Antigua Recreation Ground, St John's|
|Scorecard:||Antigua and Barbuda v Pakistanis|
|Player:||Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Kamran Akmal|
|Event:||Pakistan in West Indies 2004/05|
DateLine: 16th May 2005
A flattering all-round performance from Shahid Afridi helped Pakistan to a commanding 248-run victory in their West Indies tour opener, a limited-overs practice match against Antigua and Barbuda.
Afridi hit a stroke-filled 104 from 46 balls that propelled Pakistan to a formidable 366 for seven from their allocation of 50 overs, after the visitors won the toss and chose to bat.
Afridi led a strong Pakistani batting performance, despite the dismissal of captain Inzamam-ul-Haq for a duck - run out.
Yousuf Youhana warmed up for this week's tussles against West Indies with 87, Kamran Akmal hit 56, and Younis Khan scored 53.
Afridi then returned to bowl his leg-spin darts and captured four wickets for six runs from 6.4 overs, as Antigua and Barbuda were dismissed for a modest 118 in 32.4 overs.
Antigua and Barbuda never recovered after losing two wickets early for 18 runs, despite a fighting knock of 46 from all-rounder Wilden Cornwall.
The three Test players in the Antigua and Barbuda side were all dismissed cheaply. Omari Banks' 17 was their best effort, Sylvester Joseph, and recently retired West Indies wicketkeeper/batsman Ridley Jacobs, the captain, both made five.
Pakistan face West Indies in a series of three one-day internationals and two Tests.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE