|Ground:||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Scorecard:||Faisalabad Wolves v Quetta Bears|
|Player:||Mohammad Hafeez, Jalat Khan, Nasim Khan, Shahid Nazir|
|Event:||ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2004/05|
DateLine: 26th April 2005
LAHORE, 26 April 2005: Faisalabad Wolves stalked the Quetta Bears by a convincing 9 wickets margin in the ABN AMRO Twenty-20 Cup at the Gaddafi Stadium here on Tuesday.
Pace bowler Shahid Nazir won the Man of the Match award for his devastating swing bowling as he single-handedly ran through the Bears’ batting line up to bundle them out for a paltry 95-run total.
The Bears won the toss and elected to bat first. Apart from Jalat Khan and Nasim Khan no other batsman could reach double figures. Jalat scored 35 off 29 balls. He hit one six and dispatched three fours. Nasim contributed 22 off 20 balls and hit three fours. Shahid, who had recently toured India with the Pakistan team finished with 4 for 11. Saeed Ajmal claimed two wickets for 18 runs.
The Wolves lost their opener Mohammad Salman when the total score was only 3. But Mohammad Hafeez and Asif Hussain safely led their team to a comfortable victory in only 7.4 overs. Hafeez made 49 off 22 balls. He hit two huge sixes and sent thye cherry six times across the ropes. Asif made 31 with the help of five fours off 28 balls.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2005 Asif Sohail)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE