|Ground:||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Scorecard:||Faisalabad Wolves v Quetta Bears|
|Player:||Mohammad Hafeez, Jalat Khan, Nasim Khan, Shahid Nazir|
|Event:||ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2004/05|
DateLine: 26th April 2005
LAHORE, 26 April 2005: Faisalabad Wolves stalked the Quetta Bears by a convincing 9 wickets margin in the ABN AMRO Twenty-20 Cup at the Gaddafi Stadium here on Tuesday.
Pace bowler Shahid Nazir won the Man of the Match award for his devastating swing bowling as he single-handedly ran through the Bears’ batting line up to bundle them out for a paltry 95-run total.
The Bears won the toss and elected to bat first. Apart from Jalat Khan and Nasim Khan no other batsman could reach double figures. Jalat scored 35 off 29 balls. He hit one six and dispatched three fours. Nasim contributed 22 off 20 balls and hit three fours. Shahid, who had recently toured India with the Pakistan team finished with 4 for 11. Saeed Ajmal claimed two wickets for 18 runs.
The Wolves lost their opener Mohammad Salman when the total score was only 3. But Mohammad Hafeez and Asif Hussain safely led their team to a comfortable victory in only 7.4 overs. Hafeez made 49 off 22 balls. He hit two huge sixes and sent thye cherry six times across the ropes. Asif made 31 with the help of five fours off 28 balls.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2005 Asif Sohail)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE