DateLine: 24th March 2005
Mick Lewis played in 3 first-class matches and 4 one-day games for Glamorgan in 2004 when fellow Australian Michael Kasprowicz was on international duty. It was Lewis` first taste of county cricket, but not his first taste of English conditions, having previously played in league cricket in Leicestershire and Staffordshire.
The fast-medium swing bowler had made a relatively late debut in first-class, having first played for Victoria in 1999/00 at the age of 25. However, he quickly made up for lost time and in recent years he has been a consistent wicket-taker in Shield and one-day cricket. Indeed, he was chosen for Australia in 2002/03 and again in 2004/05, when he also played for the Prime Ministers XI.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE