DateLine: 29th March 2013
Chris Cooke is a right-handed middle-order batsman who has played a series of forceful innings in both formats of the game for the past few years for Glamorgan, besides playing a series of crucial innings in the Clubís one-day campaign in 2013 which culminated in an appearance in the Yorkshire Bank40 final at Lordís .
Born in Johannesburg, Chris initially played for Western Province in 2009 and 2010, before moving to the UK. He enjoyed a stunning debut for Glamorgan in the Twenty20 competition in 2011, against Middlesex at the SWALEC Stadium striking his second, third and fourth deliveries for the Club high over the boundary boards for six.
In 2012 Chris also made a superb 137* against Somerset in the 40-overs competition at Taunton before establishing a regular berth in Glamorganís Championship line-up. Indeed, 2014 was a breakthrough season for the middle-order batsman as he posted a superb 171 Ė his maiden first-class century against Kent at Canterbury Ė and ended the summer as Glamorganís Four-Day Player of the Year.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2015 Glamorgan Cricket Archive)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE