|Ground:||MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai|
|Scorecard:||Kenya v New Zealand|
|Player:||BB McCullum, MJ Guptill, TG Southee, HK Bennett|
|Event:||ICC World Cup 2010/11|
DateLine: 20th February 2011
The pace of Hamish Bennett, accuracy of Oram and the wiles of Southee proved too much for the Kenyan batsne as they were blown away for just 69 in 23.5 overs. The New Zealand openers Martin Guptill and Brendon McCullum then sealed off the match with some monstrous hits as they chased down the target in just 8 overs leaving the Kenyan side red-faced.
The Kenyan skipper, Jimmy Kamande, under the scorching sun of Chennai elected to bat first on a wicket that looked a batting paradise. But then his batsmen from ball number one had to contend with a relentless pace battery of New Zealand especially Hamish Bennett as they were blown away to pieces.
None of the batsmen crossed the 20 run mark as the highest score was just 16 jointly held by Patel and Waters. While Southee set the tone of the innings with a stifling over barring a no ball it was Bennett all the way. All barring one wicket, which was bowled, his three victims were leg before that came with precision-guided yorkers.
With a below par target to chase the Kiwi openers wasted no time as they went after the bowling from ball number one. They chased down the target in just 8 overs thus completing a clinical win.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE