|Event:||ICC World Cup 2010/11|
DateLine: 9th February 2011
Media Release - 9 February 2011
Sohail Tanvir to be replaced with Junaid Khan in World Cup Squad. ICC accepts the request of PCB to replace Sohain Tanvir with Junaid Khan in the Pakistan Squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
PCB medical team comprising Faisal Hayat, Dr Sohail Salim and Dr Riaz Ahmed discussed the fitness matters of Sohail Tanvir in the light of input received from the Team Management after return of the team from New Zealand. The panel opined that though the recovery from a knee operation was good, during the tour it was observed that quick movements and pickup with weight particularly on the operated knee is hindering his mobility and requires him to take a few extra steps to balance himself before throwing.
The medical team and team management have opined that Sohail Tanvir still requires time to attain 100% fitness before he can compete at international level.
Keeping in view the Medical team's recommendation, PCB, in consultation with Mr. Mohsin Hasan Khan, Chairman National Selection Committee sent Junaid Khan's name to ICC's Technical Committee for approval as replacement for Sohail Tanvir. ICC has approved this request.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE