|Event:||ICC World Cup 2010/11|
DateLine: 20th January 2011
The Lanka selectors omitted veterans Sanath Jayasuriya and Chaminda Vaas for the upcoming World Cup 2011. Both Jayasuriya and Vaas had been named in the provisional squad of 30, and there was speculation that either one of the two players would make it to the final team.
Both players have retired from Test cricket but have been playing one-day and Twenty20 cricket. Vaas last played an ODI in August, 2008, while Jayasuriya last played a 50-over game for Sri Lanka in December, 2009. The only surviving member of the 1996 World Cup winning side is Muttiah Muralitharan.
Kumar Sangakkara will lead the side with Mahela Jayawardene as his deputy.
India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh host the 2011 World Cup, which will take place from February 19 to April 2.
Sri Lanka World Cup squad: Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Silva, Chamara Kapugedera, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE