|Ground:||Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||AN Cook, IJL Trott, RT Ponting|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
After being dominated by the Australia side for the first four days the English side led by their batsmen found their groove on the final day.
When the fifth day began the visitors were not fully out of danger but Cook and Trott battled hard to take the English side to the shore of safety. The one negative aspect of the English side that was visible was the safety first approach of the team management. Throughout Strauss' tenure it is very much evident that the English team-management is averse to risk and that they would prefer to be safe first before going for the win.
Cook completed a magnificent double ton and he was well supported by Trott who made a classy hundred which was studded with some stunning shots to the fence.
The Australian bowlers struggled to find the right line and length to keep the opposition batsmen quiet and when Strauss signalled his batting duo back into the hut did the Australian bowler's misery ended.
Ponting turned on his frustration on the English bowlers with a dazzling half-century which had his famous hooks and pulls. When the play was called off the English side emerged on top of hosts who have in recent times lost their killer instinct.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- West Indies Women in India 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE