|Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||MEK Hussey, GP Swann|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
England have finally exorcised the ghost of Adelaide four years later with this emphatic win. A resurgent English side crushed pathetic Australia by an innings and 71 runs to claim a 1-0 lead in the five match legendary Ashes series.
Graeme Swann was the wrecker in chief as he finished with five wickets for 91.
The tourists supported by their loyal Barmy Army literally swept aside the hosts as they claimed the final wickets with consummate ease. After Hussey fell the English bowlers claimed three wickets in four balls with James Anderson removing Brad Haddin and Ryan Harris with successive balls and Marcus North following two balls later to Swann.
Hussey was out for 52 in the third over of the second new ball by Steven Finn. Hussey attempted a pull shot but top-edged to mid-on where James Anderson took the catch. Haddin was caught behind off Anderson for 12 and the ball after the break Harris was out lbw for a first-ball duck. North was out lbw to Swann after an England referral before England mopped up the last wickets of Xavier Doherty and Peter Siddle to claim victory.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE