|Ground:||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
|Scorecard:||Rajasthan v Hyderabad|
|Event:||Ranji Trophy 2010/11|
DateLine: 1st November 2010
The first day of India's annual first-class tournament Ranji Trophy 2010/11 in the plate division got off to a sensational start as Rajasthan led by debutant seamer Deepak Chahar sensationally dismissed Hyderabad for just 21 runs, setting a record for the lowest team total in the history of Ranji Trophy.
It was a 75-year old record that was broken as in the season 1934-35 Southern Punjab were bowled out for 22 chasing 114 against Northern India, which was the lowest total so far. Hyderabad also equalled the record for the lowest total in India's first-class cricket which was made in 1915-16 when the Europeans bundled the Mohammedans out for 21 in the Bombay Quadrangular.
Debutant Chahar was the chief destroyer as he returned with magical figures of 7.3-2-10-8.
Earlier in the day Rajasthan skipper Hrishikesh Kanitkar after winning the toss inserted Hyderabad in believing that his bowlers had the ammunition to take care of Hyderabad. But what transpired afterwards would have surprised the Rajasthan skipper. Chahar got into the act straight away as he removed Akshath Reddy for his maiden wicket. Reddy had scored six runs and that remained Hyderabad's highest individual scorer. Wickets fell regularly as Chahar ran riot through the Rajasthani batting line-up. Finally Hyderabad entered the record books in a negative manner as they were all-out for 21 runs in an innings lasting 15.3 overs in 78 minutes.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE