|Ground:||Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth|
|Scorecard:||Australia v Sri Lanka|
|Player:||HKSR Kaluhalamulla, SPD Smith|
|Event:||Sri Lanka in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 31st October 2010
Australia suffered their first ever home Twenty20 defeat at the hands of a spirited Sri Lankan side. Batting first Australia could only muster 133-8 while Sri Lanka in reply cruised to victory with 21 balls left in Perth.
Australia slide to 43 for five in the 11th over, but Brad Haddin and Smith consolidated the team's innings. They put on 66 from 43 balls to give the hosts some hope. Suraj Randiv and Thisara Perera led an impressive bowling performance for the tourists.
Sri Lanka were always in control during their run chase after scoring 27 off their first three overs. Tillakaratne Dilshan and Mahela Jayawardene put on 35 from 22 balls for the first wicket, before Peter Siddle removed the latter. Dinesh Chandimal was trapped lbw for two but that did not stop the Lankans from reaching the target. Perera ended the match in a flurry of sixes as the Australians left the field amidst gloom.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE