|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
|Player:||AJ Strauss, IJL Trott|
|Event:||Pakistan in England 2010|
DateLine: 9th August 2010
If Pakistan thought that they had an outside chance of stealing a win that was extinguished by a professional English outfit. Strauss and Trott collected unbeaten half centuries to guide England to a nine-wicket win to give them a 2-0 lead in the series.
Pakistan began the day hoping that they could continue their resistance from the previous evening. But that hope was soon nipped at the bud. It took England just 11 balls to wrap up Pakistan's innings as Stuart Broad had Mohammad Asif taken in the gully.
Chasing 117 to win Aamer gave the visitors a rare hope when he ripped through the defenses of Cook. Ajmal who was introduced in the eighth over nearly removed Strauss but Haider couldn't gather the thick outside edge.
Though Strauss and Trott were beaten several times by the bowlers the duo displayed apt temperament required at the Test level. The pair soon cruised to their respective half centuries and with it took England across the line.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE