|Ground:||Trent Bridge, Nottingham|
|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
|Event:||Pakistan in England 2010|
DateLine: 1st August 2010
Explosive bowling burst from James Anderson helped England to wrap up a comprehensive 354-run victory over Pakistan. James Anderson claimed a match-haul of haul of 11 wickets for 71.
Pakistan slumped to their lowest total against England. Pakistan were bowled out for 80 in 29 overs after resuming on 15 for three on the fourth day. England required just under two hours to take Pakistan's last seven wickets.
Initially the English bowlers put up an indisciplined performance but soon that changed. Anderson soon struck in the eighth over of the day when Imran Farhat edged him to Andrew Strauss at first slip. Anderson then trapped Umar Akmal leg before with an inswinger. Umar reviewed the dismissal but Asoka de Silva's decision was upheld by the third umpire. Pakistan slumped to 41 for seven when Mohammad Aamer drove Steven Finn to Kevin Pietersen low down in the gully. Finn then struck again in his next over by snaring Kamran Akmal.
Umar Gul was brilliantly caught by Paul Collingwood above his head at third slip. Anderson's maiden 10-wicket test haul came when Shoaib Malik edged him to Collingwood and he added an 11th victim when last man Mohammad Asif edged him to Graeme Swann at second slip.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE