|Ground:||Shaw Lane, Barnsley|
|Scorecard:||England Women v New Zealand Women|
|Player:||SC Taylor, SJ Taylor|
|Event:||New Zealand Women in England 2010|
DateLine: 18th July 2010
England Women moved gave an unassailable 3-1 series lead over New Zealand Women.
Katherine Brunt took three wickets for 31 as New Zealand struggled to make 136 for nine and it took England into the 47th over of their reply to knock off the winning runs. For England Claire and Sarah Taylor added unbroken second-wicket partnership of 98 to steer the hosts to a facile win.
New Zealand captain Aimee Watkins top scored to get her side out of trouble after they were reduced to 53 for four and then 96 for seven as Brunt's triple strike left the tourists reeling. Natalie Dodd's 22 proved to be the next best score for New Zealand and Watkins' was the final wicket to fall.
England then made a steady start to the run chase, Sarah Taylor and Heather Knight putting on 41 for the first wicket before Knight was bowled by Sophie Devine for 18 in 48 balls. The experienced pair of Sarah and Claire Taylor then stepped things up and England imposed themselves on the game before clinching it with Sarah unbeaten on 49 in 131 balls having played the anchor role and Claire on 51 in 99 balls, hitting six fours and a six.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE