|Ground:||Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast|
|Scorecard:||Ireland v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Junaid Siddique, WTS Porterfield|
|Event:||Bangladesh in British Isles 2010|
DateLine: 15th July 2010
If Bangladesh was hoping that they could use the positives gained from the recently concluded England ODIs for the match against Ireland they were in for disappointment. It turned out that the Irish team was better prepared than the visitors as they registered a comprehensive win over the Bangladeshi side.
Irish skipper Porterfield starred with the bat as he shredded the Bangladeshi bowling attack with some scintillating stroke-play. The Bangladeshi bowlers had no answer to the onslaught launched by the Irish captain as the hosts chased down the target of 235 in 45 overs.
Earlier in the day Ireland won the toss and elected to field first. The Bangladeshi openers failed but Junaid Siddique held the innings together with his maiden ODI century. Shakib Al Hasan played well for his fifty but barring the pair none of the other batsmen did anything of note.
Bangladeshi in their 50 overs compiled 234 for the loss of nine wickets in their completed 50 overs.
Ireland in reply got off to a strong start as the openers were rarely troubled by the Bangladeshi bowlers. Porterfield and Stirling put on 118 in 19.4 overs as the bowling unit of Bangladesh fell apart. During the Irish chase none of the Bangladeshi bowlers did anything to trouble hosts as they cantered to an easy win.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE